Sunday, February 28, 2010

Busy Moms Bible Review

I received a Busy Moms Bible from Zondervan a little over a week ago and now get to share about it! For more info: busymomsbible.com.

Aesthetically, it is perfect! It has a beautiful two-toned pink leather ( or leather like?) cover. Also, it is a near perfect size. Not too small, but small enough to make it easy to carry to church, bible studies, and so on.

So far, I've really appreciated the topic choices. It seems to cover either old topics in a new way or topics that most studies aren't even covering. I also like the easy reference lists of scriptures at the back related to the topics in the devotionals.

The devotionals are an ok length, but I would appreciate a little bit more "meat" to them. I understand that the appeal is for "busy moms", but I think they took it a little too far. If we can't spare even 5 minutes a day for God, we need to rearrange our priorities. I also don't understand the placement of the devotionals throughout the bible - it's rather random and I wish that they were placed next to the scripture that they are drawing from.

All in all, it is a nice bible that I look forward to using and delving into the devotionals.

No comments: